I thought I’d share with everyone my favorite soccer blogs to read. They’re in no particular order but they all offer something different (in my opinion).
- Soccer By Ives (http://www.soccerbyives.net) – The blog has been one of my favorites for a while and is led by Ives Galarcep and has a lot of quality writers that also write (or have written) for places ESPN, Fox Soccer, and other media outlets. They cover MLS, College, and the US National Teams
- American Soccer Now (http://americansoccernow.com) – This blog has been around for only a couple of months but it’s been a breathe of fresh air. They have infographics,
- Oct. 7, 2012; Carson, CA, USA; General view inside The Home Depot Center before the MLS Soccer game between Chivas USA and FC Dallas. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sportssubmit your line-up tool, and much more. My favorite part is the ASN 100 in which several writers that are
kindaa big deal on the interwebz share each month their top 100 American players.
- The Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football) – This is my go to spot for trashy English tabloid style news and gossip. It mostly focuses on the Premier League. I think that covers it.
- Goal: NY Times Soccer Blog (http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com) – As a native New Yorker, I appreciate how this blog explores the soccer world but also focuses on the local scene.
- Yanks Abroad – (http://yanks-abroad.com) – For years, this has been the place to go to about USMNT – eligible players who play abroad (yes, it includes Mexico). One of their writers, Brian Sciaretta, has been gaining more and more of a presence on the internet & media. He’s contributed to the NY Time Soccer blog, ASN, and others.
- The Shin Guardian (http://theshinguardian.com) – This blog offers high quality thoughts about strategy and news. They don’t post as frequently as the others above but the majority of it is high-quality.
I highly recommend giving these a try besides this blog of course. Let us know what’s missing.