2. Keep Eden Hazard fit and…happy!
Eden Hazard, the brilliant Belgium attacker is another that the enigmatic Conte has resurrected during his brief spell so far at Chelsea. Going stale under former manager Jose Mourinho stewardship.
More from Chelsea FC
- Tuchel has eyes on Chelsea’s Trevoh Chalobah
- Permanent move of Cobham graduate Lewis Hall to Newcastle United
- Chelsea are not pleased with the Lukaku-Vlahović swap deal
- Chelsea joins the race against Liverpool for Romeo Lavia
- Blues select Reece James as captain and Chilwell is new vice-captain
Individually Hazard has been outstanding this season and is a key attacking player for FC Chelsea and will be pivotal to any future European success. Conte has been able to free Hazard’s chains by surrounding him with conscientious defensive midfielders. The 3-5-2 is a formation almost written for somebody like Hazard. Having the security of the exceptional N’Golo Kante or the stoic Nemanja Matic patrolling the midfield area has allowed the Belgium international free rein to drift and torment once again English defences up and down the country.
FC Chelsea will need to keep Hazard happy and injury free as Conte will see him as a key component for any Champion League’s success next season, especially in the later stages of the competition as Hazards ingenuity will go a long way to unlocking the toughest of European defences.