Under Alex Ferguson Manchester United was synonymous with success. Following his retirement in 2013, however, life hasn’t been as prosperous for the Red Devils.
United went from Champions to seventh place in its first season without Ferguson. 2014-2015 was United’s first season without European football since 1989-1990.
More from Arsenal FC
- Gunners do just enough to claim victory in season opener
- Arsenal: We bottled it but I don’t care
- Arsenal complete record deal for Declan Rice
- Arsenal splurges on transfers as they aim to collect silverware
- Arsenal complete the signing of Kai Havertz
United has not been the force that it was with Fergie in charge. Jose Mourinho is the club’s third manager in four years.
The Red Devils have finished seventh, fourth and fifth respectively, over the past three seasons.
Regardless the club is still the third richest in world football and continues to attract top managers and players.
The United brand is intact and the money continues to come in.