Juventus is synonymous with success in Italy. The Turin based side has won the Scudetto five straight seasons and presently sit atop the Serie A table. They are ranked ninth on the Forbes rich list.
More from Playing for 90
- Alexia Putellas reaches 400 games with Barcelona
- Everything you need to know ahead of the 250th ‘Super Clásico’
- Barcelona put five past Real Betis
- Manchester City suffer but come away with win over West Ham
- Baffling Liga MX ruling strips Puebla of a hard-earned victory
The 2010-2011 season was one that most fans of the team would rather forget. Under manager Luigi Delner, Juventus floundered. The Bianconeri finished seventh and did not qualify for Europe.
Former Juventus midfielder Antonio Conte was brought in to replace Delneri for the 2011-2012 campaign. Focused solely on the league, Conte led his side back to the Serie A title. They have not relinquished the trophy ever since.
Conte proved then what he is proving now at Chelsea; missing out on the Champions League is not a death sentence for a wealthy club.