4. New and improved contract
Chelsea FC are set to offer Eden Hazard a new and improved contract in order to ward off any other teams like Madrid from poaching their player.
Hazard is already Chelsea’s highest earner on £200,000 a week but reports suggest Chelsea FC could offer a staggering £300,000 a week to keep him at the blues for the foreseeable future.
Hazard’s current deal expires in 2020 but Chelsea FC will extend that for a further two years along with bonuses on his £100k-a-week pay rise.
More from Playing for 90
- Alexia Putellas reaches 400 games with Barcelona
- Everything you need to know ahead of the 250th ‘Super Clásico’
- Barcelona put five past Real Betis
- Manchester City suffer but come away with win over West Ham
- Baffling Liga MX ruling strips Puebla of a hard-earned victory
It would be hard for the 26-year-old Belgian ace to say no to that deal. He would be among the top earners in world football.
This would add to the prestige value of being at Chelsea and there would be no reason for Hazard to leave if Chelsea are willing to fork out that much money for him to stay.
It shows to him that they highly value him as a key part of their team and would boost his confidence.
Hazard, I believe, is a confidence player. I mean Ballack touched upon it when he said Hazard was an ’emotional player’ but I believe Hazard plays best when he has confidence. Unfortunately last season Mourinho shattered that confidence and we all saw what happened to him then.