5. Romelu Lukaku
Everton’s Romelu Lukaku looks set to win the golden boot this year after scoring a staggering 23 Premier League goals so far. He still has seven games left to play and could even break the 30 goal mark which as last achieved by ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez. Suarez went on to join Barcelona and we all know what a phenomenal striker he is now.
More from Playing for 90
- Alexia Putellas reaches 400 games with Barcelona
- Everything you need to know ahead of the 250th ‘Super Clásico’
- Barcelona put five past Real Betis
- Manchester City suffer but come away with win over West Ham
- Baffling Liga MX ruling strips Puebla of a hard-earned victory
The 23-year-old Belgian will likely break the Chelsea transfer record with £85m being the fee thrown around in the press.
Lukaku, who was originally at Chelsea, was sold to Everton for £28m in 2014. He’s gone on to break multiple records such as being one of only five players to have scored 50 goals before their 23rd birthday.
It’s reported that he’s a fan of Chelsea FC and considers Didier Drogba his idol. He has also recently turned down a contract extension at Everton and looks set to leave in the summer. Chelsea are the favorites to secure his signature.