Goalkeeper: Tom Heaton, Burnley
While Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea has been great this season, in truth he hasn’t been called upon a lot to rescue his team. Tom Heaton has been outstanding this season for Burnley and at the age of 31-years-old he’s finally broken into a genuine Premier League star.
Heaton has been one of the reasons why Burnley have kept so many clean-sheets this season (9). He has made on average an outstanding 2.73 saves per game.
More from Playing for 90
- Alexia Putellas reaches 400 games with Barcelona
- Everything you need to know ahead of the 250th ‘Super Clásico’
- Barcelona put five past Real Betis
- Manchester City suffer but come away with win over West Ham
- Baffling Liga MX ruling strips Puebla of a hard-earned victory
Additionally Heaton has made a total of 82 saves so far this season (Squawka).
His athleticism and shot stopping abilities has helped Burnley to become a fortress at home. Most teams that go there can’t score more than one goal. Away from Turf Moore, they’re not quite as good but Heaton has still helped them by keeping 3 clean-sheets and made a number of key saves.
I still remember when Heaton made a number of key saves against Manchester United earlier this season where Ibrahimovic just couldn’t get the ball past him.
He’s in my my mind been the stand-out goalkeeper this season.