Gylfi Sigurdsson – 11 assists
Goal scorers generally get the headlines. Those that provide the service resulting in goals are just as important.
More from Premier League
- Manchester City suffer but come away with win over West Ham
- Premier League match preview: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
- Jadon Sancho refutes Erik Ten Hag’s comments
- Arsenal win in added time drama as United suffer last-minute agony
- Rudderless Chelsea lose to Nottingham Forest
Players best known for providing assists include Mesut Ozil, Adam Lallana and Philippe Coutinho. Above all of them this season is Swansea City’s Gylfi Sigurdsson.
The Icelandic midfielder is atop the leaders in assists with 11. He is tied with Manchester City’s De Bruyne and Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen.
What makes Sigurdsson’s accomplishments more impressive is that he plays for a team battling relegation.
Then there’s the fact that the Swans have scored just 37 goals all season. In addition to his 11 assists, Sigurdsson has scored eight times. In other words, he has been involved in 50% of his team’s total goal output.